Quick LinksMonth 1 ‧ Rainy Season ‧ Year 10Important Info
Calendar
Availability
Character Profile Form
Census
Faceclaim Directory
Archive My Thread
Adoptables
The latest dragon clutch has hatched successfully. Yet for the time being, the focus seems to have slid off the dragons. There's been a spike in volcanic activity around Landing, and for once, it's not Thread the colonists are worried about.

Welcome to The First Weyr, a canon Dragonriders of Pern RP set in the First Pass! Check out the links to the left and right to learn more.
Welcome Guide
Site Rules
Setting of the First Pass
Current Plot
Candidate Form
Candidacy & Impression
Frequently Asked Questions

Add Reply
New Poll

Story Events, What they are & How to Claim
The Red Star
 Posted on: Oct 25 2017, 02:20 PM
Staff
Mycorrhizoid
|
273 posts | 2575 marks
written by crowfeet

Story Events and Discoveries

Given this is the First Pass, there are still many things about the dragons that need to be discovered--in fact, almost everything. Events such as the first to learn to fly, the first to learn to go between, the first queen to rise--these are significant and important events.

To make these available to members to play out in a way that's fair, here's how it works. After making a minimum of 75 IC posts, you can claim a Story Event from the list below (or suggest one that's not already there). When the time comes, it will be up to you to make the thread where your character discovers whatever aspect of dragonriding or the setting the event involves--and then presents their finding to the other characters. Additional details and other plots are elaborated on through play with the other members. These threads will be marked with a [!] to indicate they are Story Events, and will always be open threads. You will have to guide and lead this mini plot, and involve other members in it!

Each Story Event may be claimed by one person, but you may invite an additional person to help you get the thread off the ground. Once it's set up, it must become open to all players to participate.

After a Story Event thread has been fully played out and finished, you may claim and play out another Story Event if you wish. However, you may only claim one Story Event at a time, and should you go inactive for a period longer than two months, the Story Event may be made available for another member to claim.

Dragonrider Story Events
  • Search Sense: AVAILABLE
      Be the first to discover that some dragons are able to identify which people are good candidates for Impression.
  • The First Weyr: AVAILABLE
      Finding, choosing, and establishing the site of the first dragon weyr
  • Battle of the Queens: AVAILABLE (2-3 Players)
      Discovering that multiple golds rising at the same time will fight
  • The Second Weyr: AVAILABLE (2-3 Players)
      Finding, choosing, and establishing the site of the other dragon weyrs and holds.
Colonist Story Events
  • Feline Frenzy: AVAILABLE
    • Figuring out what happened to Ted Tubberman, and a possible rescue mission
  • Finding Namazu: Claimed by RedShoesWrites with Aisha Kouri
      Monitoring seismic activity, reporting on the imminent eruption--and subsequent evacuation
To claim a Story Event, please post below!

Completed Events

Listed here for record-keeping purposes.
  • First Ride: Claimed by Otterly with Eleanor & Chioneth
      Eleanor was the first rider to fly dragon-back successfully, and her example was soon followed by a few of her fellows. Thanks to her daring, it was determined that all dragons are ready to carry their riders by nine months of age, rather than the full year predicted by the Pings.
  • Going Between: Claimed by North with Enid & Falth
      After performing a number of tests and making careful preparations, Enid and Falth made the first attempt to go between and was successful (thankfully). Enid determined that it takes approximately eight seconds for dragons and firelizards to teleport from one location to another.
PMEmail
^
North
 Posted on: Feb 3 2018, 10:45 PM
Members
Picture-maker
Canadath | #CADCAD
100 posts | 3230 marks
written by

I'd like to claim 'first rider to successfully go between' with Enid & Falth!

❆ Enid Faulk, 25, Rider of Gold Falth
❆ Leo Bishop, 23, Handler of Bronze Leonask
❆ Modesty Beringer, 24, Rider of Brown Myronth
❆ Samuel Marceau, 27, Rider of Brown Henth
❆ Dr. Anderson Faulk, 57, Head of Geology
PM
^
RedShoesWrites
 Posted on: Feb 20 2018, 04:19 PM
Members
|
90 posts | 155 marks
written by

The Red Star crowfeet - will we be blowing up mountains via volcanic activity?

PMEmail
^
crowfeet
 Posted on: Feb 20 2018, 04:22 PM
Admin
Sciencer
Corvuth | #485487
288 posts | 1488 marks
written by ---

RedShoesWrites Indeed!! do you want to run that plot? //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif explosions are most excellent!

Ilya Kuznetsov, 23, rider of Bronze Harth
Ariel Flanagan, 25, rider of Gold Valath
Silvia Tolbert, 60, Governor
PMEmail
^
RedShoesWrites
 Posted on: Feb 20 2018, 04:40 PM
Members
|
90 posts | 155 marks
written by

crowfeet yes, please! I believe I have just enough IC points to claim. I would like to have Aisha responsible for monitoring ongoing sysmic activity and eventual reporting of imminent eruption.

Do you have a timeline for these events? I would think that we wouldn't have eruptions until after engineered clutch 3 hatches.

PMEmail
^
crowfeet
 Posted on: Feb 20 2018, 04:43 PM
Admin
Sciencer
Corvuth | #485487
288 posts | 1488 marks
written by ---

RedShoesWrites Okay, awesome!! I'll write you down for that! As for timeline, I leave it up to you; I don't have anything in specific planned. Having the eruption after the third engineered clutch hatches sounds just fine to me! You're also welcome to run some build-up threads in the meantime too, if you wish.

Ilya Kuznetsov, 23, rider of Bronze Harth
Ariel Flanagan, 25, rider of Gold Valath
Silvia Tolbert, 60, Governor
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons RPG-D
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave