Quick LinksMonth 3 ‧ Spring ‧ Year 10Important Info
Calendar
Availability
Character Profile Form
Census
Faceclaim Directory
Archive My Thread
Adoptables
The eruption of Mount Garben has forced the people of Landing to evacuate north. Under a storm of ash and Thread, the colonists make the perilous journey to Fort Hold. The riders fulfill their duty at last, and a new era dawns for the Pernese--join the plot here.

Welcome to The First Weyr, a canon Dragonriders of Pern RP set in the First Pass! Check out the links to the left and right to learn more.
Welcome Guide
Site Rules
Setting of the First Pass
Current Plot
Candidate Form
Candidacy & Impression
Frequently Asked Questions

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Riverbank, Plots!
otterly
 Posted on: Jul 16 2017, 12:31 PM
Staff
Resident Librarian
Talamath | #0055ff
86 posts | 4400 marks
written by Otterly

I love plots, and I'm happy to write basically anything with anyone! Feel free to message me whenever, if something strikes your fancy! For now, here are the two characters I have:

Eleanor Winters and Chioneth | 20 | Goldrider

Eleanor is kind-hearted and a little reserved at first, but she enjoys the company of others once she gets to know a person. She loves animals of all sorts, but especially dragonets, of which she has three. She possesses an adventurous heart that has only grown with her Impression of Chioneth. Chioneth is wide-eyed and eager, a dragon who loves everything she sees and wants to be a part of the world around her. Despite her carefree attitude, however, she takes her duty very seriously and cares desperately for both dragons and the civilians they are tasked with protecting.

Some plots I'm interested in for Eleanor and Chioneth:
  • Relationships of any kind!
  • Trips away from Landing
  • Interaction with other dragonriders
  • Dragons getting into trouble

Dr. Caty Turnbull and Atysk | 35 | Head of Veterinary Medicine

After the events of the First Fall, which left the colony with many casualties, Caty took over as head veterinarian. She's a bit of a workaholic, and has been spending much of her time stressing out about the state of the colony's livestock and other animals. She's very concerned with ensuring that they are well-protected from future Threadfall. But when she isn't worrying, she's very personable and friendly. She's happy to work with any and all animals, and to teach others basic first aid, especially for their dragonets who might be helping protect the colony. She herself owes her life to her blue fire lizard, Rainy, who risked himself to protect her when she was caught out in the First Fall. Now also has a bronze fire lizard called Pippin. As of 05.09, Caty accidentally Impressed herself a wher. Atysk is a big dumb sweetheart, and she adores him.

Plots I'm interested in for Caty:
  • A friend to help draw her out of her work!
  • Romance! She is bisexual, so she's liable to fall in love with men or women.
  • Interactions with other wher handlers. She's a little out of place among them.
  • Seeing patients

Clara Jones and Picath | 23 | Brownrider

Relentlessly cheerful and naturally optimistic, Clara's tendency to always look on the bright side might not work with some people, but overall she's a kind and pleasant person to be around. She wants to help the colony in any way she can--for now, it's by manning Landing's library and by aiding people in their attempts to find information. Later, she hopes it's via the dragon project, which she signed up to volunteer for as soon as she could. She is organized in her work, but unfortunately it doesn't translate to her personal life; the result is that Clara is often one of those people who'll put something down and then forget what she's done with it. Luckily for her, one of her fire lizards, green Seeker, is extraordinarily helpful when it comes to finding things! Picath is a dreamer, filled with easy laughter. He is a dragon who wants to enjoy life and to experience all the good things in it and is a bit of a philosopher. He is, however, a bit of a coward--he doesn't like the idea of fighting Thread and prefers to avoid conflict.

Plots I'm interested in for Clara:
  • Friendship; she's a talker and would love to make friends with anyone!
  • Romance; she's never had a serious lover, but it would be fun to write her developing crushes or falling in love with someone. She, personally, doesn't know what her sexuality is, but OOC I'd be happy to write her with men or women.
  • Someone who'll drag her out into the world; despite her friendliness, Clara spends most of her time surrounded by books and records. Maybe she needs someone who will help her explore the world.
  • Interactions with dragons and dragonriders, especially with regards to helping Picath find his courage.

Connor Audley | 25 | Rancher & Candidate

Generally easy-going and easy to please, Connor has returned to Landing from his family's cattle ranch in order to volunteer for the Dragon Project, his sister Lucy in tow. After having lost his older brother and closest friend to Thread, Connor aims to fight the menace that has taken so much from him. It has made him more solemn and a sadder, but he is still a kind-hearted and rather gentle soul at heart. He is fond of animals and small children. Also might have been a cowboy in another life. In addition to his sister, he has brought his bronze fire lizard Freckles and their brother's heeler dog Rusty to Landing.

Plots I am interested in for Connor:
  • Since Rusty hasn't done much herding of cattle at Landing, she is sometimes caught herding people instead. Connor might need to rein her in a bit.
  • Romance! Romance of any sort: women, men, fling, longer-term relationship, whatever! Up for anything.
  • Exploring. It's been awhile since he's been at Landing--nearly eight years! Sure has changed in that time!
  • Commiserating over Thread. Connor's not the only one who's lost someone important to him; it might be nice for him to interact with people who are going through similar things.
But! For all of my characters, I'm really pretty much up for any plots at all. There isn't really anything that I'm uncomfortable with or unwilling to play out.

Clara Jones | Rider of Brown Picath
Eleanor Winters | Rider of Gold Chioneth
Connor Audley | Rider of Bronze Eilianth
Dr. Caty Turnbull | Veterinarian & Handler of Bronze Atysk
PM
^
Fox
 Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 01:37 PM
Members
Perpetual Student
|
87 posts | 930 marks
written by Fox

otterly

Eleanor

--- I actually think that Eleanor and Danica could make great friends. They both are on the more reserved side, about the same age, and will be candidates together. Danica doesn't have many close friends necessarily, and she's not the most out-going individual when it comes to groups of people, but she enjoys helping others and has a tender heart despite not wanting others to know about it. She also likes exploring in her free time, especially if it means looking at and sketching Pern's flora. So, perhaps they run into each other while being out and about? Or, they could have done that at some point in their past and become friends since?

Caty

--- Alistair is a genetics student, bonded to a blue firelizard, and rather intrigued by all of the work that Kitti Ping and the others put into the Dragon Project. Now that the official word is out he'll be wanting to hunt down those who had a hand in it (I'm not sure yet how much he would have known before the announcement himself) so that he can ask questions and figure out how he might be able to help with the part that comes after the eggs hatch.

You can check out my plotter here if you want a better idea of my characters, or have other ideas too!

* Danica O'Connor of Gold Hirith
PM
^
otterly
 Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 01:54 PM
Staff
Resident Librarian
Talamath | #0055ff
86 posts | 4400 marks
written by Otterly

Fox

I love the idea of Eleanor and Danica being friends! They're similar in age enough that I think they'd definitely at least have been thrown together at times! I'm happy for them to be friends or for them to have met at annearlier time. Maybe they only know each other somewhat vaguely and run into each other again? So many different ways for this to go!

I do like the idea of them having struck up a friendship after exploring out and about though!

As for Alistair--Caty would certainly know things about the dragon project, even if her expertise will be more use after they've already hatched and will need vet examinations! She'd certainly love to get chatting about it though, and I totally think she'd be up for his questions!

I have to head into work now, so I'll be somewhat slow to reply, but I'll check out your plotter too when I get out! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

PM
^
Fox
 Posted on: Jul 18 2017, 02:22 PM
Members
Perpetual Student
|
87 posts | 930 marks
written by Fox

otterly

Danica x Eleanor

I think a happy medium would be if they used to hang out and explore together as kids before Thread hit, but since then there's been less of a chance and maybe they started to separate and not spend as much time together or talk? That way they sorta have a second shot at being friends again when they both become candidates?

Alistair x Caty

Chatting and speculation thread sounds awesome! Maybe we can get one of those up then? He could always go find her when he's on a lunch break and fake bribe for information by bringing her food? xD

PM
^
North
 Posted on: Jul 19 2017, 10:35 AM
Members
Picture-maker
Canadath | #CADCAD
100 posts | 3230 marks
written by

otterly

Hellooo! I bet Eleanor and Enid would end up knowing each other at some point, both being candidates. They could be friends from before as well, if you wanted to set that up.

Also, I had a good idea for a thread if you'd like - Andy Faulk is the head of geology, but he also has a green firelizard who's not so good at flying. Perhaps green Archie could sustain an injury, and Andy can take her to see Dr. Caty? If there's any sort of injury you'd like to write about treating, let me know - I was thinking a fractured tibia or metatarsal.

❆ Enid Faulk, 25, Rider of Gold Falth
❆ Leo Bishop, 23, Handler of Bronze Leonask
❆ Modesty Beringer, 24, Rider of Brown Myronth
❆ Samuel Marceau, 27, Rider of Brown Henth
❆ Dr. Anderson Faulk, 57, Head of Geology
PM
^
otterly
 Posted on: Jul 19 2017, 11:25 PM
Staff
Resident Librarian
Talamath | #0055ff
86 posts | 4400 marks
written by Otterly

Fox

Danica & Eleanor

Yeah! That sounds great! I'd imagine that it'd be easy in the chaos of Thread to lose track of friends, especially if they get roped into doing different things. It seems like they have gone into different fields, in any case. Eleanor is a zoology student, and Danica's profile says she's got an interest in herbalism, it looks like?

I think we could definitely work with what you suggest! I'm sure being a candidate will be a very weird thing, anyway, because no one knows exactly what's going to happen when the dragons hatch, and maybe they'd gravitate to one another, being that they're both reserved and a bit quiet, and because they knew each other before.

Alistair & Caty

Caty is a bit of a workaholic, but he could find her in the vets' offices where she would certainly be open to lunch bribes! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/wink.gif Let's definitely get a thread about them speculating up! You're welcome to start something, if you'd like, or I can! Whichever is easiest for you!

North

I'd love for Enid and Eleanor to have been friends beforehand! Looking at her profile, it seems like they share an interest in Pernese fauna, so maybe they could have worked together on a project.

Ooh, yes! I would love to do that thread, whenever you're up for it! I'm pretty open to any kind of injury; I've no preference, so I'm happy to go along with whatever you'd like. Would you rather I start the thread, or would you like to? I'm good with however you'd like to do it!

PM
^
Fox
 Posted on: Jul 19 2017, 11:46 PM
Members
Perpetual Student
|
87 posts | 930 marks
written by Fox

otterly

I'd love to do threads with both of them. How about I start one and you can start the other? Alistair's might be easier for me to start since he's approaching Caty, so I can tag you when it's up?

PM
^
otterly
 Posted on: Jul 20 2017, 08:14 AM
Staff
Resident Librarian
Talamath | #0055ff
86 posts | 4400 marks
written by Otterly

Fox

That's perfect! I will start the other, then!

PM
^
North
 Posted on: Jul 20 2017, 01:26 PM
Members
Picture-maker
Canadath | #CADCAD
100 posts | 3230 marks
written by

otterly -

Yes, that sounds good for the girls - maybe, since Enid's dad's department is working with palaeontology (not that they've found many articulated skeletons or anything fabulous like that), he would have requested a few geology and zoology students work together to try to identify some of the animal bones? Then their guesses would be double-checked by the senior scientists, of course.

Enid also like just straight up going on trips. Probably both of them are busy a lot, but maybe they team up and go on hikes together to get away from Landing? Maybe like once every month or two - Enid isn't very good at having an open schedule, but she would love going out with Eleanor.

Also, I shall start a thread for Anderson and Caty then! Double doctor time.

PM
^
otterly
 Posted on: Jul 20 2017, 06:44 PM
Staff
Resident Librarian
Talamath | #0055ff
86 posts | 4400 marks
written by Otterly

North

Honestly, I love both of those ideas. Maybe they met and struck up a friendship doing a project such as that! It was mean they have spent a lot of time together, as that's the sort of thing that will take hours.

And then after, they took to going on those trips together. I think they'd both love to get away from Landing and into the wilderness, even if maybe they have to be careful now that there's Thread around. I know Ellie'd probably be chomping at the bit to get some time away. Maybe our Thread could be them getting the chance to go wandering a bit for the first time in awhile!

As for double doctor time--that's the best kind! I look forward to the thread, whenever you get the chance to toss it it! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

PM
^
North
 Posted on: Jul 20 2017, 07:38 PM
Members
Picture-maker
Canadath | #CADCAD
100 posts | 3230 marks
written by

otterly - Maybe we can start a hiking thread for them after the next dragon program announcement? After they've registered to be candidates? Then they can talk about that while they go!

PM
^
otterly
 Posted on: Jul 20 2017, 08:14 PM
Staff
Resident Librarian
Talamath | #0055ff
86 posts | 4400 marks
written by Otterly

North

Perfect! I could start something after we get the announcement, if you'd like!

PM
^
North
 Posted on: Jul 20 2017, 08:18 PM
Members
Picture-maker
Canadath | #CADCAD
100 posts | 3230 marks
written by

otterly - Sounds great!

PM
^
Lioness
 Posted on: Jul 29 2017, 12:50 AM
Members
|
135 posts | 3335 marks
written by

otterly

Hey!

So I know you don't have Clara's blurb yet, and it's possible that what I say may contradict what you had plans for her, and if so that's absolutely fine, but...

Will and Clara are very different, in fact they're virtually complete opposites, but perhaps in complementary ways. As long as Clara wouldn't find Will's pessimism too draining, perhaps they could come to be friends? They do at least have candidacy and a desire to help Pern in common. Will does a lot of odd work around Landing, so could be assigned to help organise the library one day, and meet Clara there.

Just a thought anyway //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Martha Crocombe, 17yo female rider of Gold Merrith
William Hughes, 19yo male rider of Brown Tenceth
Benjamin Winters, 23yo male construction engineer
Rupert Olson, 10yo male school child
PM
^
otterly
 Posted on: Jul 29 2017, 08:30 PM
Staff
Resident Librarian
Talamath | #0055ff
86 posts | 4400 marks
written by Otterly

Lioness

Well, I hadn't really had much of a concrete plan for her, so actually this sounds great to me! I think she'd need someone to help keep her grounded, and it looks like Will needs someone to drag him out of his pessimism once in awhile, and she probably wouldn't let him push her away. I bet you're right that they could be complementary!

If you wanted, we could definitely do that idea of him helping her out in the library.

PM
^
Lioness
 Posted on: Jul 30 2017, 11:42 AM
Members
|
135 posts | 3335 marks
written by

otterly

Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking; they're so much on opposite ends of the optimism spectrum that they might be able to help normalise each other a little.

Library sounds good! I'm happy to start if you like? Would probably get to it tomorrow ^^

Martha Crocombe, 17yo female rider of Gold Merrith
William Hughes, 19yo male rider of Brown Tenceth
Benjamin Winters, 23yo male construction engineer
Rupert Olson, 10yo male school child
PM
^
otterly
 Posted on: Jul 30 2017, 02:00 PM
Staff
Resident Librarian
Talamath | #0055ff
86 posts | 4400 marks
written by Otterly

Lioness

Sounds perfect!

PM
^
bagel
 Posted on: Aug 4 2017, 05:51 AM
Members
|
14 posts | 210 marks
written by

So I have a few things for you -- nothing too deep, but I'm sure it could develop if you wanted.

I've got Xavi, who I think would probably get along well with Eleanor. Xavi's definitely the kind of person who likes doing his own thing, but if those things line up with what someone else is doing, he's happy for the company -- and he enjoys exploring quite a bit. I know he's very shaken after witnessing threadfall, so any expeditions outside landing might be a touch dramatic? But he could definitely use a hiking buddy! He also likes making sure his firelizard -- well, firelizards, now -- socializes. Not that they wouldn't on their own, but he feels a little fatherly towards them. (I'm also planning on making a post-hatching firelizard thread outside the mess hall, if you'd be interested!)

On the topic of firelizards, and I think this could apply to either Eleanor or Dr. Turnbull, Xavi really likes to be self-sufficient. He'd probably really like to know some of the basics of first aid for them, in case something bad happens while he's outside landing or just doesn't have time to get them to someone else. I'm very game for some classroom-style threads!
PM
^
otterly
 Posted on: Aug 4 2017, 10:17 PM
Staff
Resident Librarian
Talamath | #0055ff
86 posts | 4400 marks
written by Otterly

bagel

Ooh, I totally love Xavi! I think he and Eleanor would get on splendidly! I'm also absolutely interested in a post-hatching fire lizard thread; Eleanor would love to show off her gold, and also meet the other hatchlings. She would also definitely be up for being his hiking buddy, and she likes to wander about the outskirts of Landing, even if they aren't going very far.

Re first aid: Crow and I are tentatively planning for Caty to run a first aid candidate lesson! The demonstrations would likely involve fire lizards, as they're the closest anyone has to dragons before the hatching. But I'm also game for having an individual thread with Xavi as well, especially if he wants a bit of focus on fire lizards themselves! Honestly, you're right that it could apply to either Eleanor of Caty probably, so I'm happy to have one with either of them! Maybe he and Ellie could go on one of their hikes and need to attend to an injured fire lizard while they're out there. Classroom-style threads are fun too though, and I'd love to do it either way!

PM
^
bagel
 Posted on: Aug 5 2017, 07:04 AM
Members
|
14 posts | 210 marks
written by

I'll definitely tag you whenever I get that up, then! (Also, I think Ellie's gold might be my favorite design of the clutch, those stripes.. ;o; She's quite lovely.) -- Actually, it seems like RedShoesWrites is planning an open get-together thread a little after the hatching goes down that I'll be hopping into. As for smaller threads w/ the little ones, I'd also be game for one-on-one interactions. I imagine if he and Ellie are friends he might spend some free time with her, yeah?

So, I'm thinking an exploration thread would be really fun, especially given the very recent trauma of threadfall? (Well, haha, maybe fun isn't the correct word.) Xavi's gone from being really relaxed and carefree to on-edge about PERN and it's not something he likes to feel at all. Heading out to just enjoy the wilderness carries this huge risk with it now, and I'll bet it's definitely tainted his view of the world. This could even be a thread where Ellie teaches him some basic first-aid techniques? Maybe his new bronze comes along and gets hurt somehow, or even his older firelizard?

I'm not sure where they'd go, or how much close to Landing hasn't been explored, though. I'm also thinking, if they both Impress, that they should absolutely take some joyrides together? Flight would open up so many places they haven't been able to see yet and I'm willing to bet as soon as he has downtime, Xavi's going to want to map as much out as he can.

I'm very much looking forward to this candidate lesson, too. Maybe afterwards he could approach Dr. Turnbull and express some firelizard-specific concerns?
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons RPG-D
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave