Quick LinksMonth 5 ‧ Dry Season ‧ Year 9Important Info
Welcome Guide
Calendar
Availability
Character Profile Form
Census
Faceclaim Directory
With the end of the rains comes added hardship for the people of Landing. Fish have all but vanished with the storms--and while the larder is still stocked, it won't last long. Tensions are high, even as the council does their best to keep the grim news quiet.

Welcome to The First Weyr, a canon Dragonriders of Pern RP set in the First Pass! Check out the links to the left and right to learn more.
Site Rules
Setting of the First Pass
Current Plot
Candidate Form
Candidacy and Hatching Info
Frequently Asked Questions

Add Reply
New Poll

Basking, [05.09] for Sada/Calico
Eleanor Winters
 Posted on: Feb 10 2018, 02:01 PM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Chioneth | #f9ba3a
116 posts | 390 marks
written by Otterly

Calico

The sun was very bright in the sky, and warm on Eleanor's face as she and Chioneth settled themselves down for lunch. Maggie, Penny and Hawk pressed in close, draping themselves over Chioneth's broad back, and Eleanor grinned at the sight. It never failed to warm her, to see them all getting along so well.

Their first flight together had happened only days before, and it was still constantly on Eleanor's mind. She wanted to take to the sky again, though they haven't, since.

I still don't understand why, Chioneth grumbled, and Eleanor sighed. It was a familiar grumbling, now. Once Chioneth had a taste of them flying together, she did not want to let it go. She did not forget it. Eleanor reached up to drag her head close and pressed a kiss to her nose.

"I want to, too," she said. "But we promised we wouldn't until proper straps are created."

But I didn't let you fall last time, Chioneth whined. We know we can do it.

Eleanor was firm, though. She'd gotten off lightly, for how reckless she and Chioneth had been, and Eleanor did not want to tempt fate--she didn't want to risk ruining their good fortunes.

"It won't be long," she promised. "Then we'll fly together all the time. I promise."

Chioneth heaved a great sigh, and Eleanor added, "Look, the sun is lovely today. Let's enjoy it. Maybe we'll go swimming together later, too." That seemed to lift Chioneth's spirits a little, and she bobbed her head eagerly.

But first, it was time for food, and Eleanor tucked into the sandwiches she'd brought for herself, slipping a little to the fire lizards when they crowded close. Chioneth wanted a bite, too, and when she snapped up a whole sandwich in one big gulp, Eleanor was glad that she'd brought more than one with her.

Eleanor was just finishing when Chioneth lifted her wedge-shaped head. Someone's coming!

It was someone Eleanor knew, and she smiled and waved. "Hello, Sada! Would you like to join us? We're just enjoying the sun!"

user posted image
By Crowfeet
PM
^
Sada Crosswell
 Posted on: Feb 11 2018, 05:02 PM
Candidates
Data Management | Candidate
|
35 posts | 90 marks
written by Calico

Aegis and Braig flitted about Sada’s head like incessant children. Their bright cheeps were raucous as they chased one another in her immediate vicinity. “Hey, hey you two,” she called quickly. “Take your game somewhere else.” Sada wasn’t exactly in the mood to handle her two rambunctious pets. Her day helping out at the office had been a long one, and she was keen on getting some time to relax. Heading back to her parent’s place for a bit seemed like the best bet, and as she walked the well-worn paths Sada wondered if she could purloin a meal out of them before she went back to the barracks.

She had made it about halfway when she caught sight of one of the dragons lounging with her rider. It was very clearly a gold, her hide bright and glittering in the afternoon sun. Amidst a familiar pang of envy Sada noticed how much larger the female looked next to her rider. When in the world had they gotten so big? She had seen them flying about in the distance several times over the last few weeks, but it was one thing to see them from so far away and another to realize their actual size on the ground.

Suddenly, her two flitts reappeared near her head, bringing with them gusts of cold air that were so particular to their method of teleportation. Aegis clung to Sada’s shoulder, folding his wings as he pressed his cold face to her cheek. “You needy thing,” Sada murmured, though not unkindly. A hand came up to scratch at the bronze’s eyeridges, but her attention was stolen a moment later when a voice called out to her.

She recognized Elly immediately, and understanding settled into place as she recalled her gold’s name, Chioneth. “Hey Elly, Chioneth!” Sada called, angling towards the pair. “Sure, I’ve got time to spare.” Picking her way across, Sada couldn’t help but find her eyes lingering on the gold dragon. Chioneth was beautiful, just like all the other golds the first clutch had produced. Her hide was a deep burnished color, almost flame-touched if Sada were to describe it. “How are you two?” Sada asked, letting her gaze fall towards Eleanor.

-----
otterly
PM
^
Eleanor Winters
 Posted on: Feb 13 2018, 10:00 AM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Chioneth | #f9ba3a
116 posts | 390 marks
written by Otterly

Calico

"As good as can be," Ellie said with a wry grin, which widened as Chioneth thrust her head forward hopefully, eyes pleading for a scratching from Sada.

No, it's excellent! But, oh, I am so itchy and Ellie only has two hands. Her voice was bright and imploring. While it seemed that many dragons did not like to talk to anyone other than their riders, Chioneth was happy to speak to anyone who would listen to her.

Eleanor laughed a little, ducking her head. "We flew," she said. "Together, I mean. Chioneth's been zooming about on her own for months now. But I climbed onto her back and tried it for the first time."

It was wonderful, Chioneth said dreamily. And no one expected us to do it first! Chioneth seemed pleased by that fact. She liked being first, and she liked doing unexpected things. It didn't occur to her at all that they could get in trouble for their recklessness.

"It all worked out in the end, but we'll be staying on the ground for now," Ellie said firmly, more to Chioneth than to Sada. It was obvious that Chioneth had been trying to wear her defenses down in that respect.

She settled back against Chioneth, who curled around her, and patted the space beside her. "Chioneth doesn't mind if you'd like to lean," she offered. "But only it you keep petting her." Chioneth rumbled in agreement, her eyes brightly blue-green.

"How have you been, Sada? It's been awhile, hasn't it?" She'd dated Eleanor's brother briefly, and she'd been a candidate with Eleanor too. She was looking forward to catching up.

user posted image
By Crowfeet
PM
^
Sada Crosswell
 Posted on: Feb 14 2018, 03:42 PM
Candidates
Data Management | Candidate
|
35 posts | 90 marks
written by Calico

Sada bit back a noise of surprise as Chioneth thrust her head forward. So much larger than any firelizard’s could ever be, Sada was momentarily transfixed by the intense color of her swirling eyes, like some jewel pried from straight from a crown. She would have thought that the gold wouldn’t want anything to do with her, on a count of not being her rider and all. But, Chioneth clearly thought otherwise, and the bubble of her voice in Sada’s mind sealed the deal.

It had been a long time since the Hatching, since they had all been shoved into that sweltering incubation room to await the birth of their saviors. Back then, the only dragon voices she had heard had been ones made in pleading, in desperate search of their one and only bondmate. Chioneth’s voice, while still searching in nature, lacked the raw, scared edge that her newborn siblings’ had. It still felt odd though, having another mind against hers. It provided a frame of reference for how much… space there actually was in there. Sada wasn’t entirely sure that was a good thing either. Still, the woman managed to suppress the shiver that wanted to cascade down her spine, moving instead to fulfill the gold’s request.

Chioneth’s hide was supple and warm from the sun, and it felt soft and luxurious underneath Sada’s fingertips. “Really?” She exclaimed softly, brows arching at Eleanor’s admission. “That must have been heavenly,” Sada breathed, feeling a smile pull at the edges of her lips. To see the world from a dragon’s back, it must have been marvelous! Chioneth echoed as much, with her pride in their achievement radiating off her in waves.

“I would happily do so,” Sada smiled, taking a seat next to the gold’s rider. Was it wrong of her to relish this opportunity? To drink in every sensation as her fingers pressed against a dragon’s warmed hide? At the very least she hoped that her envy didn’t show through too much, but it was hard. Who wouldn’t want to be bonded to one of these loving creatures?

“I’ve been fine,” Sada mused, glancing between Eleanor and Chioneth. “It’s mostly the same old routine: drills, lessons, and whatnot. I help out in the labs when I can, though that’s probably going to taper off the further along this clutch gets. How have you been? What’s life as a dragonrider like?” She smiled, eyes shining playfully.

-----
otterly
PM
^
Eleanor Winters
 Posted on: Yesterday at 06:46 pm
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Chioneth | #f9ba3a
116 posts | 390 marks
written by Otterly

Calico

Chioneth rumbled low in her throat as Sada scratched her, her eyes closing in bliss. She loved to be pet, and stroked, and scratched, and she hardly minded who was doing the patting.

Ellie watched them both with a grin. It always made her happy to see how well Chioneth got along with others. She adored the dragon so, and all she wanted to do is share her with the world. She reached out to scratch Chioneth's hide herself, face soft with affection.

Then she turned back to Sada with a dreamy sigh. "Oh, it was wonderful! But probably--not the smartest thing we've ever done." Ellie looked sheepish then, embarrassed by her recklessness. She rarely did things without thinking about them first, but she had gotten caught up.

Chioneth opened her eyes and turned to look at Ellie. It was what we were meant to do, Chioneth said, including Sada in her words. They would have kept us grounded for too long, because they would not let us try. But we cannot do our duty without taking risks. Her voice was uncharacteristically serious, a hint of gentle chiding in the tone.

"Yes, I suppose that's true," Eleanor said, sighing. "We'll be smart about it next time, though. We won't go up again without straps. It's too dangerous." She needed something to help her hold on when her fingers went numb.

She offered Sada a smile. "Honestly, life as a dragonrider has mostly been the same. Just also with a lot of oiling and feeding these bottomless pits." She patted Chioneth's dappled hide, and the affection was clear in her voice. "I don't think that it'll really be much different till we can start really learning how to fly Thread. We still haven't tried to flame." Her smile widened. "Hopefully you'll join us soon! A baby dragon is sort of like caring for a baby human, or so I've heard."

user posted image
By Crowfeet
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Distant Fantasies RPG-D RPG Initiative The Wastes: Equinox Weyr
Southern Winds Weyr