Quick LinksMonth 5 ‧ Dry Season ‧ Year 9Important Info
Welcome Guide
Calendar
Availability
Character Profile Form
Census
Faceclaim Directory
With the end of the rains comes added hardship for the people of Landing. Fish have all but vanished with the storms--and while the larder is still stocked, it won't last long. Tensions are high, even as the council does their best to keep the grim news quiet.

Welcome to The First Weyr, a canon Dragonriders of Pern RP set in the First Pass! Check out the links to the left and right to learn more.
Site Rules
Setting of the First Pass
Current Plot
Candidate Form
Candidacy and Hatching Info
Frequently Asked Questions

Add Reply
New Poll

Growing Pains, Open! [03.09]
Eleanor Winters
 Posted on: Jan 17 2018, 06:18 PM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Chioneth | #f9ba3a
116 posts | 390 marks
written by Otterly

It was the dry season now, and the sun shone brightly overhead. The light caught on the river and left sparkles dancing across the surface of it. Chioneth would normally be fascinated by such a thing--she saw the beauty in everything around her and wanted to be part of it all--but today she was distracted.

Oh, Ellie, she moaned, wriggling her shoulders. I'm so itchy. Are we there yet? She flexed her claws in the grass growing at the riverbank.

Ellie sent her a sympathetic smile and reached out to scratch the patchy skin. "Yes, we're here. If you'll settle down, I can get to oiling you right away." Maggie, Penny and Hawk fluttered above them, chirruping.

I wish I didn't need to be oiled, she grumbled, though she leaned into Ellie's touch with a grateful sigh. I want to fly instead. At six months old, Chioneth was able to fly on her own, even if she was a bit wobbly and couldn't do so for long periods of time. She delighted in the sensations though, and sometimes Ellie thought she had to tether her to keep her on the ground.

"You're growing like a weed," Ellie laughed, "of course your skin is itch. It can't keep up with you! You can fly a little after." She wanted to get in as much exercise as possible. Chioneth was always easier to wrangle after she burned off some of her multitudes of energy.

She set the bag she'd been carrying down and then the bucket filled with oil beside it. When she crouched to pull out the rag, Chioneth thrust her nose forward, pressing it to Ellie's cheek.

Flying is fun, but it would be more fun to fly together, she said. Ellie smiled and reached up to stroke her.

"Soon. You're still too little to carry me." She was pony-sized now, about ten hands high, and Eleanor knew that she wasn't ready to carry a rider. "I wouldn't want to hurt you, anyhow."

Chioneth grumbled slightly, but she stilled and sighed in relief as Ellie began to spread the oil over her itchy hide. "Don't worry," Ellie added after a few moments of oiling Chioneth's dappled shoulder. "We'll be flying together soon enough. In no time at all, I bet."

We are meant to fly together, Chioneth said. She hummed softly and craned her neck to nudge Ellie.

"You're not wrong," Ellie agreed.

She was about to continue when Chioneth lifted her head and Eleanor felt her attention wander. "Chioneth?"

Someone is coming! Hello! Come and join us, she called.

user posted image
By Crowfeet
PM
^
Lily Reed
 Posted on: Jan 19 2018, 09:13 AM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Peleth | #f1a278
42 posts | 40 marks
written by Zahhy

Coming! Peleth's soft yet alluring voice echoed out to Chioneth. Soon after the call, Peleth's rose-golden frame appeared from around the bushes, followed by a bucket-laden Lily.

Hello Chioneth. I see you had the same idea as I! How lovely we will be once we are freshly cleaned and oiled? The graceful queen walked with care, her slender form easing with a softness most dragons lacked as she settled next to the other gold.

Blushing at the intrusion Lily bowed her head in apology to Eleanor Winters. "Hello Eleanor! I'm so sorry to disturb you. Peleth just loves this spot, she finds it to be very beautiful for sunning."

Helplessly Lily looked at Peleth and sighed. There was no moving her now, the young gold always curious and eager to interact with people and dragons. Resigned, Lily removed the rags and oil tin she carried and walked to the river to fill the bucket. Peleth didn't really need another scrubbing, but the gold was insistent that she have not a single speck on her, and now that the dry season had come, dust was a consistent problem to the glittery shine the gold insisted on having to her hide.

Returning with the bucket Lily smiled shyly at Eleanor. She wasn't certian if the woman would enjoy her company the way the two dragons were likely to enjoy one another, so she settled down to scrubbing Peleth's legs and sides of their dust.

Peleth had no such reservations and she turned her pointed snout toward Chioneth. What a lovely day this is, don't you think? Such a pretty way the sun glitters off the river!

user posted image
PM
^
Danica O'Connor
 Posted on: Jan 20 2018, 07:42 AM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Hirith | #f1d29a
80 posts | 580 marks
written by Fox

Perhaps just once though, Hirith inquired with a delicate tilt of her head as she looked over at her rider. As the largest of the dragons, the gold had jumped heads and tails over what she had once been. Danica still remembered the smaller, much smaller, maine coon size hatchling she had been. The dragon was the size of the ponies she had seen at city festivals back on earth, and somehow despite her usual penchant for rules, Hirith had gotten it into her head that Dani, being a smaller human, could somehow equal out.

Danica knew what it really was - impatience, not that the dragon would want to call it that. Hirith was all the patience, all the time as far as she was concerned. A wry smile curved the edges of the girl's lips as she looked over at her dragon, and one of her hands left the handle of her bucket to caress the side of the gold's head. "We'll be together before you know it." That gentle hand curled against the female's hide to scratch at one of the dragon's frequent itches, but the feeling of longing had already faded into more present concerns.

Namely, that Hirith still wanted to be oiled. She crooned to Danica before picking up her head as if listening to something further afield. I believe that Chioneth is near, the dragon snorted a soft tone as her rider reacted to the addition of, and Peleth. The girl wriggled where she stood, her hands fidgeting along the handle of her bucket.

"Should we..." she trailed off as Hirith chimed in with a simple, but of course we should. Come now, I don't understand why you're so bothered. It's a memory in your head, but it shouldn't be all that important now. It was back then, and surely it has been learned from already. The gold nestled her head against her rider's side for another long moment before slipping away and into the bushes toward the direction of the voices that even Danica could hear now.

As soon as the two other riders were within site she called out to them softly. "Eleanor, Lily?" The pair emerged to see the former looking shyly toward the other goldrider. "Uh... we heard you two and thought maybe..." We thought we should join you both, Hirith finished with a look toward her rider as if to quiet the girl's concerns. The sunlight does look nice on the water, she agreed, turning toward Peleth with a jovial croon, it's days like this when you could almost forget our purpose.

otterly Zahhy

user posted image
by crowfeet
PMEmail
^
Eleanor Winters
 Posted on: Jan 21 2018, 05:23 PM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Chioneth | #f9ba3a
116 posts | 390 marks
written by Otterly

Zahhy, Fox

Chioneth wriggled with delight. Peleth! Hirith! Hello! Yes, oh, I'm glad to see you both! She tried to surge forward to greet them like an eager dog, and only Ellie's grip on her kept her still. Despite her boundless energy, she knew how to be careful around her rider, and did not want to drag her across the ground.

I would like to swim once I am no longer itchy, Chioneth added, turning to look at Peleth with bright eyes. She didn't much care about how lovely she might or might not look--all she wanted to do was have fun. Would you and Hirith like to swim too? The water is much better when you are in it, instead of just looking at it. She swished her tail back and forth, her claws flexing in the dirt. Chioneth did not have much in the way of patience.

Ellie snorted softly. "No one's swimming till you're taking care of," she announced. Then she turned to Lily and Danica with a smile. "If I let her do what she wanted all the time, she'd probably be half way to the northern continent by now."

"Neither of you are disturbing us, anyway," Eleanor added as her smile grew. "We're glad for the company." She ran her hands over Chioneth's hide, hoping to settle her dragon a bit, but Chioneth still was too eager to sit still and she stepped from foot to foot with impatience.

"Hirith and Peleth both look well," Ellie continued, turning to gaze at the other golds. "They've all been growing so fast. I can hardly believe it." It seemed like only yesterday that Chioneth was tiny and could be carried around. "Has their hide been as itchy as Chioneths? I've noticed it flakes and gets patchy more than it ever has for my fire lizards." Eleanor was always eager to speak on Chioneth, and to hear about the other dragons, too. And maybe it would help to put Danica at ease; Ellie could tell that she was still nervous around them, even if they had all been riders for a few months now.

Chioneth had paused to regard their riders a moment. She did not remember what it was like to be so little. But there were things that she did want to remember. I do not want to forget our purpose, though, she said with great earnestness. For a moment, she was uncharacteristically serious. All of this, it depends on that!

user posted image
By Crowfeet
PM
^
Lily Reed
 Posted on: Jan 22 2018, 09:11 AM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Peleth | #f1a278
42 posts | 40 marks
written by Zahhy

That is a fine idea Hirith! Join us! Peleth's warm, welcoming luxurious voice echoed outward and she shook happily at seeing the newcomers. She always felt most pleased surrounded and as the center of others. Lily smiled sheepishly at Danica O'Connor and waved at her in greeting. Peleth encouraged her to speak so Lily's voice chimed in after Eleanor Winters welcome.

"Hello Danica! Thanks again Eleanor for letting us join you... the dragons so enjoy each other's company!" Lily blushed as if admitting that dragons were so social somehow meant that she wasn't and she lifted her bucket to set it aside so she could better speak to the other women.

Peleth, pleased that Lily was making an effort, turned her attention back to her sisters. She did not seem as eager as either of them to admit their purpose, but she tried. Of course, we can't forget our purpose!

As far as the rose-colored cold was concerned, her purpose was to mother, to dote and encourage. She knew that it was Lily's hope that they would have their own eggs someday, thought Peleth did not understand how or why, but she did sense Lily's fear in that it would not come. Peleth would not worry so, for the sake of them both.

You have both grown so well. Are we not such beauties to behold? I suspect we look particularly lovely today on this ledge, but perhaps we would look as lovely in the water too? Peleth was concerned. There was mud beneath the water, she remembered from Lily's memories of the last time Peleth had tried to swim. She did not share Chioneth's excitement, nor did she readily believe it would be more fun to be in than to watch, but Peleth is nothing if not agreeable like her rider. If Hirith agreed to swim, the vote would be decided and then Peleth would have to go and make certain the other two were careful not to ruin the good work on their hides!

user posted image
PM
^
Danica O'Connor
 Posted on: Jan 27 2018, 09:15 AM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Hirith | #f1d29a
80 posts | 580 marks
written by Fox

"They're sisters," came the soft answer as Danica stepped forward with Hirith out from the bushes. "Surely that means they belong together?" Even siblings would fight occasionally, but that bond was supposed to keep them close no matter what. Supposed to, and yet she still remembered the half-siblings that had been less than accommodating throughout her life. Only Alistair had been the saving grace that made Danica still fond of what little she understood and accepted of familial relationships.

Besides, most of what she said was because of Hirith's views and the dedication she felt toward the others of her kind. Perhaps it was different from a mere sibling bond, but she wasn't sure yet. The dragon was only a few months old. Speaking of the young gold, the dragonet nestled against her side for another long, lingering moment before padding over to her two siblings with a soft warble.

Our purpose is to nurture as much as it is to protect. They alone could bring more dragons into the world once the supplies of the geneticists were used up. It would be their duty long after the rest were gone. For now, however, they were young and although not carefree, they were able to enjoy their youth. She looked at her two siblings before fluttering her wings.

I wouldn't mind being near the water. It is cooler there, but I may not go in. It would be a shame to mess up the good work her rider had just finished, and she was pale enough to make more of a mark than the other two. Danica frowned as she began to catch onto her dragon's train of thought, turned to the largest of the three females and wagged a finger in Hirith's direction. "No way are you going into the mud. Not after all that."

She turned to look back at the other two riders with a shake of her head. "Yeah, she's been growing so much that I keep thinking she'll split her hide or something. Luckily she doesn't, but I don't know what we'd do if we ever ran out of this oil and stuff."

Zahhy otterly

user posted image
by crowfeet
PMEmail
^
Eleanor Winters
 Posted on: Feb 4 2018, 11:44 AM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Chioneth | #f9ba3a
116 posts | 390 marks
written by Otterly

Fox, Zahhy

Ellie laughed a little. "I should think so," she agreed. She was close to her own brother, and she wanted that for Chioneth, too. "Thought it seems that familial ties don't always occur to them. I wonder if it'll be like that when they lay their own clutches someday." She thought that Chioneth would be a good guardian to her eggs, but she didn't seem to have much patience when it came to babies of any sort.

"Oh, do hold still Chioneth," she muttered, leaning against her when Chioneth wriggled happily. Chioneth was too excited by the arrival of Peleth and Hirith to concentrate on the reason they were here in the first place. She turned to grin at Danica and Lily. "They're handfuls, aren't they?"

Chioneth turned to Peleth with whirling eyes. Well, I like the way the sun makes the water sparkle. Our hides sparkle too. But mud is also nice! Merrith and I have played in it before! The water will wash it all away in the end, though. She sounded a little sad about that

She didn't mind getting dirty, though she could feel Eleanor's reluctance to let her go. She was too big to wash easily all the time now. But she was also easily distracted, so perhaps she wouldn't recall her desire to get wet and muddy after chattering at her sisters.

Hirith's words brought on a considering hum. Chioneth shrugged easily.There wouldn't be much to nurture if it was all eaten by Thread, she considered. Hirith wasn't wrong, of course. But Chioneth wanted to be where things were happening, and she was eager to burn Thread right out of the sky.

Eleanor shook her head and looked resigned. "Someday, I'll rein her in," she sighed. She couldn't help smiling just a little at Danica's pronouncement, though. "I worry about that, too. But it doesn't seem to bother Chioneth overly much, apart from the itching. I can't imagine what we'd do without the oil though! And it's nice on my hands, too." She lifted one and looked it over. "They've never been so soft before!"

user posted image
By Crowfeet
PM
^
Lily Reed
 Posted on: Feb 5 2018, 09:18 AM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Peleth | #f1a278
42 posts | 40 marks
written by Zahhy

"Are they sisters though?" Her voice earnest and curious Lily looked at Danica closely, before trying to explain her reasoning for the question.

"Kitty Ping used many ova to produce the viable zygotes required... I helped submit her notes to the records... but I don't know what makes a sister." Lily was curious of the other women meant literally or figuratively. They were certainly the first of their kind, bound together by the same birth-date, born from the same mother if you considered Kitty Ping's work as motherness. It was all rather scientific, and most of the notes were well above Lily's understanding, but she certainly wouldn't take a guess at what made sisters. She had two of her own, and was certainly not close with them, nor would she even remotely say she belonged with either of them.

"It is a good thing anyway, that they like each other." She added after a moment of silence. Lily felt she and her brother Basil belonged together, but he hadn't joined her for candidacy. She sighed. It didn't matter if the dragons were sisters, it wasn't why they belonged together.

The mud is nice to the touch.
Peleth agreed slowly. It was wonderful to experience but horrible to keep, and Peleth would feel bad if Lily had to wash her all over again.

"I don't think you'll enjoy the water as much as you think you might." Lily offered Peleth as way of distracting her from going swimming, but Lily realized her dragon had already moved on to something else the other golds were discussing.

Is our purpose to protect and nurture?
Outwardly Peleth projected curiosity, but internally Lily knew Peleth seemed concerned by all this talk of purpose. The rose-gold dragon had little desire to protect things. She was a mediator, commanding in presence enough to get what she wanted, to make peace with those around her. She was perpetually afraid of their safety, and desperately frightened of thread.

"I do not worry over Peleth's hide any more than she asks of me." The admission was easier than Lily had thought, and she felt it was also slightly funny. Peleth never let her skin get scratchy for long. At mention of the oil Lily bent back down to her bucket and dipped the rag in to go back to scrubbing Peleth, their initial greetings now aside and the conversation taking on a semi-natural tone. Lily thought maybe she should go back to being quiet anyway and let the other women chat.

user posted image
PM
^
Danica O'Connor
 Posted on: Feb 12 2018, 12:26 PM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Hirith | #f1d29a
80 posts | 580 marks
written by Fox

"I guess. Hirith isn't normally too difficult. I think she worries too much about what others would think of her if she were to act out or be silly outside of games."

She gave the paler gold a questioning look before shrugging to Eleanor and turning to focus on Lily's question. Were they sisters? Danica supposed that would depend on what the definition of sisters entailed. They had all hatched together even if they were not related by blood. Some of them could be cousins she supposed. That also depended on what sort of embryos they were formed from. Had the geneticists used greens to somehow create the golds, or was it different from that? Alistair would have known. He would have been able to make sense of this and explain it to her in a way that she understood.

"Honestly? I don't know. I don't get the idea that Hirith sees them like I saw my siblings. There's this sense of connection, but it's different. It's more like what I feel from my firelizards. Marigold sees Saffron as hers because he's a part of her fair."

That thought made her wonder something else too.

"Do you think they'll see each other as competition more and more as time goes on? You only ever see one gold with her group in the wild, right?"

Danica looked again at Hirith as the young dragon surveyed their surroundings; how she stopped to inspect the other two golds from afar with a sense of newfound curiosity that collided with her rider's thoughts. Would there come a day when the golds wanted to break apart in order to stake their claim over the other dragons? Had that been something the geneticists considered when they were working with the behaviors of their new creations? "Sorry, I'm getting all caught up in this, aren't I?"

It felt silly of her, and yet she couldn't help but think about how many uncertainties the future still held. Danica curled her arms around herself as she listened to the other two continue to speak, and when Hirith nudged her rider's side, the redhead finally lifted her head. 'Do you want to go to the water?' She hadn't thought to actually ask the dragon what it was she desired, only to scold her like an errant child who was about to mess up their fanciest clothing. I would not mind it if that is where they decide to head. Talking is good for you.

To the other two golds she answered, Perhaps we have different purposes, or perhaps our purpose is to find how we are best suited to the needs of our kind? It is for us to decide after all. They will follow the rules we set for them. Of that, the gold seemed to be entirely certain, and once again Danica thought of the firelizards, of how the golds seemed to be the uncontested leaders of those fairs, and of how it would translate over time to their draconic counterparts.

"Do either of you ever think about what it'll be like in the long run? I mean," she paused for a moment to collect her thoughts before continuing. "It'll be all of our jobs to teach the next generation of dragons, right? If not teach exactly, then to lead or watch over. I feel like we're all so focused on fighting Thread that we haven't stopped to think about what it'll be like to have more riders. How will we fit into the larger picture? One day we won't need Captain Juel to teach us, and she will never understand being with a dragon like we do."

Danica stopped, her shoe digging into the earth as she wondered if she had let her mind wander too far again. They are questions worth answering, her dragon agreed quietly between them. At least some of us are considering it, even if others are not. That is what matters most. Some are suited to thinking about the present, while others are best at looking to the future.

[ otterly Zahhy ]

user posted image
by crowfeet
PMEmail
^
Eleanor Winters
 Posted on: Feb 13 2018, 10:30 AM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Chioneth | #f9ba3a
116 posts | 390 marks
written by Otterly

Zahhy, Fox

"Well, I suppose it's sort of a sisterhood, isn't it? We're all in this together, after all. We're experiencing things that no one ever has before, and so are they." Unlike Lily, Eleanor was close to her brother. For the longest time, it had been she and Ben, together against everything. Even if they had gone down different paths, they were still each other's support, and Eleanor wanted Chioneth to have that too.

Even if dragons did not seem to understand or recognize familial bonds in the way that humans did.

"I supposed if you asked Chioneth, she might not understand what a sister is, though," she admitted after a moment. "At least, not in terms that applied to her. She understands the relationship I have with my brother well enough." It would be an interesting thing to ponder, and Eleanor wondered how it would be when the golds began to lay clutches of their own.

Competition, though? Eleanor wasn't sure. She turned to gaze at the dragons, watching as Chioneth chattered happily at them, her bright hide gleaming in the light. "I have a hard time imagining Chioneth thinking of anyone as competition specifically," she said with a laugh. "She likes to be first--you should see her attempting to race my fire lizards!--but it's all in good fun, I think."

Danica was right, though. They weren't fully grown yet, and fire lizard fairs only seemed to ever have one gold at the helm; daughters were often pushed out to form their own groups, though Eleanor suspected that part of this was to avoid inbreeding among the fair.

Ah, you are right, Hirith! We will come to find out for ourselves one day! Though, Ellie says right now that my purpose is to grow big and strong and to exercise my wings. She recited the words as if they had been told to her many times, and it was true that they had. Eleanor was always trying to get her to focus, but there was just so much to look at that Chioneth had trouble doing so. Chioneth didn't seem to care about laying out directions for others to follow, at least not right now.

Perhaps someday, she would grow into a leader, but Eleanor suspected that she needed to grow up a little first.

"I've wondered the same things," Eleanor admitted, turning her attention back to Danica. "There'll be things that we'll have to learn on our own, anyway. Captain Juel and the specialists simply can't teach us everything we will need to know. And we'll have to figure out how best to pass that on to riders in the future."

Eleanor knew but did not say that she realized that there would be death during the process, that not everyone will come out of this uninjured. But that was also the risk they took in being a part of the dragon program, and Eleanor wouldn't give up Chioneth for anything at all.

user posted image
By Crowfeet
PM
^
Lily Reed
 Posted on: Feb 13 2018, 12:12 PM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Peleth | #f1a278
42 posts | 40 marks
written by Zahhy

Fox otterly
"Oh does she? that's interesting!" Lily liked the idea of the dragons being sisterly. She wasn't sure if Peleth felt the same, Peleth felt a sort of motherly responsibility for everyone, as if she and Lily were the measuring stick all others should put themselves against. They owed it to them in some way, but it felt big-sisterly at best.

Lily listened to Danica and Eleanor and for a few moments kept quiet. It was difficult when others had such strong opinions, especially about things they couldn't possibly understand. She was close with her brother, they were best friends, and their experiences had brought them closer together, even if her recent choices had put them apart. She knew Peleth liked the other dragons, it just didn't feel at all the same. She didn't say so though and focused on the questions asked directly to her.

"Competition?" Surprised by the idea, Lily swiveled her head toward Peleth and then she giggled. Competition for what?

"Peleth is too friendly for any competitions..." Lily did not mention that Peleth was a vain and proud dragon who believed none other than perhaps Lily herself was equal to her. It would be likely that Peleth, as a peacemaker, would take it upon herself to keep anyone from stepping out of line - but only with comments from the sidelines and leading by example. Lily could not imagine her dragon using force to get her way. No, not at all, especially against any aggressive opposition.

"I have not stopped to think of what it would be like to have more riders - I'm not one to count my chickens before they are hatched, and I will especially not be doing it before they are even laid!" Perhaps it was a little more honest than she was used to being, but Lily found that Danica was certainly getting ahead of herself. How could Danica and Ellie assume that they - as mere children only in their second decade - were an authority on anything other than bumbling around with a dragon in your head? Even then Lily wouldn't call any of them capable of leading or watching over anything, yet.

"We won't have a larger picture to fit into if we can't fight thread." Lily said very seriously. How could they be considering leading other future dragons when they couldn't even do what they were supposed to? Let their dragons learn to fly, grow big enough to carry them and their flamethrowers. They didn't even know if the dragons would be able to fly with them, or if they would be able to teleport or flame like they were designed. Would they even be able to mate and reproduce? All of those questions fell in a very specific order for Lily. They must fight thread to survive now... and then, if the other stuff didn't come it would be all for naught anyway. No point in getting her hopes up, or worrying herself sick for something that might not be. They had already done the unimaginable. They had made dragons! The rest was even more distant, more unreal.

I do like to be in the middle of things.
Peleth rumbled deep in her chest in agreement with Hirith. She wasn't certain they needed rules, so much as they needed to lead by example, but she would let Hirith worry about those details herself. Peleth would much rather consider how important it is to indulge in life's simple pleasures.

Perhaps we should venture to the water. At least to watch it glitter up close. There may be pretty fish to observe. The golden dragon turned to see if the other two would agree on the short trip to the river.

user posted image
PM
^
Danica O'Connor
 Posted on: Feb 14 2018, 09:53 AM
Dragonriders
Goldrider
Hirith | #f1d29a
80 posts | 580 marks
written by Fox

For a moment, Danica fought the look she yearned to give Lily in complete disbelief to such an innocent statement. She supposed it made sense though. The gold whose egg she had experienced such disdain from would only think wonderful and pretty thoughts her own rider, and all of it was so far in the past now that she doubted Peleth could even remember. Hirith nudged her rider's back with the front of her head and crooned softly. Comfortingly.

It is fine.

It was a quiet reassurance that gave Danica enough support to regain what little she had lost of her composure and smile back toward the other two. "Your right. They've only based them off of the fire lizards after all," she gave a small shrug before looking over her shoulder to Hirith's familiar gaze. "If there was some sort of competitive nature inherent in the golds then I'm sure they would have fixed it, like with how they made certain that the dragons wouldn't be aggressive to humans."

That would have made the most sense, wouldn't it? Yet, she still felt the undercurrent of doubt in her own mind. Hirith was happy enough to accept the shared understanding that she and her sisters were meant to somehow mother, nurture, or lead - Dani couldn't quite put her finger on the exact feeling. It was when she had to allow another to decide something for her, especially when it was a course of action she didn't agree with, that Hirith began to chafe at other means of authority.

She always felt she was right. Always. Getting Hirith to understand she couldn't always be was an effort, and Danica did do it, but it wasn't easy. That Lily so emphatically stated she hadn't thought beyond their current mission was both alarming and embarrassing. She ducked her head somewhat as if curious with one of the plants near her boot, nudging it lightly as she listened. Eleanor's response was more favorable, and Hirith crooned approvingly as she touched her rider's mind gently again. See? Like I said. There are those meant to think in the present, and those meant to look to our future.

It was as if the declarations of each rider had given her statement the sort of affirmation she had needed to make it into solid fact, and as the idea solidified into an opinion, Danica knew that it would become a philosophy that the gold would be hard pressed to leave behind. 'And what about the past?' She inquired after a moment. There were people in their group who looked toward past mistakes and successes in order to learn. Did that mean that was a third category then? Exactly, was the only word that Hirith gave her rider before turning back to her siblings.

Let us go then. Perhaps the water and sunshine will help to soothe the concerns of our riders. Then quietly to Danica she added, join us. There is little reason to fret over all of this right now. The redhead sighed and nodded before patting the pale hide of her dragon's neck. Looking back over toward the other two, she gave a small shrug as if to say what could they do. "Seems like they really want to go. Shall we?"

[ otterly Zahhy ]

user posted image
by crowfeet
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Distant Fantasies RPG-D RPG Initiative The Wastes: Equinox Weyr
Southern Winds Weyr